- Former General Counsel for the United Federation of Teachers
- Pro to the question "Should Teachers Get Tenure?"
“Tenure helps ensure that teachers can do their jobs…
It enables teachers to grade honestly, to speak out for their students’ needs, to teach controversial subjects and to blow the whistle on corruption and poor practices. It allows teachers to teach without fear, particularly necessary in today’s politically charged climate.”
Linda Ocasio, “UFT Argues for Dismissal of Tenure Case,” uft.org, Jan. 4, 2018
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Counsel, Lamb & Barnosky LLP, 2018-present
- General Counsel, United Federation of Teachers, 2011-2018
- Special Counsel, United Federation of Teachers, 2006-2011
- Former Associate, Stroock, Stroock & Lavan LLP
- JD, Boston University, 2002
- BS, Labor and Industrial Relations, Cornell University, 1999
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Teachers Get Tenure?